ReSources in the Philadelphia area:
- SPCAs will take your old sheets and towels.
- Spiral Q will take art supplies and equipment you no longer use. Spiral Q is an approach and a community. They are teachers, makers, organizers, leaders, students, advocates, dancers, performers and everything in between. We combine creativity and know-how to fulfill the vision of creative civic leadership. From volunteers to staff to our board, the people of Spiral Q are the heart of our work.
BEST PLACE EVER
- The Resource Exchange – The Resource Exchange is a nonprofit reuse center dedicated to promoting creative reuse, recycling, and resource conservation by diverting valuable materials from the waste stream and redirecting them to artists, builders, educators, and the general public.
- Cradles to Crayons – Donations of new and nearly new children’s items are what make this organization’s Giving Factory possible, and make it so efficient and effective. We accept donations of new and nearly new clothing, shoes, books, baby items, and school supplies for kids ages 0 to 12.
- PAR-Recycle Works – Brilliant: They are a social enterprise offering environmentally responsible recycling services while providing life-changing workforce training to formerly incarcerated individuals. It is a prime example of how multiple social causes can be brought together to have a broader community impact.
- Deserving Décor – Deserving Decor is a 501(c)(3) all-volunteer, charity organization that depends on donations from generous individuals to provide new beds, donated furniture and household goods to women and children escaping domestic violence, homelessness, and teens who have aged out of foster care, in Bucks County. They will pick up items from your home.
- Laurel House – for victims of domestic abuse in Philadelphia will take kid books
- Pathways to Housing – Pathways to Housing maintains a furniture bank and will take household goods like paper towels. They help the homeless – including newly arrived refugees- secure housing.
- Restore – Habitat for Humanity –Do you have home goods or building supplies that you no longer need? Restore picks up donations for free! The ReStore is Habitat’s discount home improvement store. We sell new and gently-used furniture, appliances, building supplies, home goods and more. Habitat uses 100% of ReStore profits to build and repair homes in Philadelphia. The ReStore is open to the general public.
- Mighty Writers – fabulous program in Philadelphia will take kid books
- Nana’s Attic – this well-stocked thrift shop in Broomall, PA benefits the Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County.
- New List of Best Phila Area Thrift Shops!
PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH RESOURCES IN OTHER CITIES.