Thank you to my clients for doing the hard work and for inviting me in to help shape an environment that allows them to live in ease and flow while moving their things OUT. We recycle, shred, file or donate items to people who will give them new life. Landfill is the last resort.
Here is what they have to say:
House Calls Clients:
- This is all Gari magic with a tiny portion of pixie dust!!!
- I can’t thank you enough. You have a real gift for making decluttering an empowering experience as opposed to the the feeling that one has failed. I thank you for the gift of breath and feeling that I can do it!
- You have been a godsend and I am so grateful. I was stuck in my grief and could not do this. Now I can say goodbye to things that were really giving me pain – why was I keeping my dad’s meds? Records? Now I can honor his life and not be stuck in his death. I was immobile in my own house and now I am ready to make it happy again. Thank you.
- The delight, no wait…the shock! — of my office being so inviting each time I walk in is astounding. Now I WANT to sit at my desk, it’s my go-to place and my concentration level has soared.
- I can’t believe you like organizing my papers. How can that be? I only like it on the days that you are here!
- You know that I could not do this without you. You really understand that we are organizing my life’s work and that means so much to me.
- Thanks for today! Everything I wanted to give away is posted on the Buy Nothing site- I decided to try to sell the table. I am so appreciative of the help. I really feel like I couldn’t do this without you.
- Thanks for checking in, Gari. I can’t thank you enough for this weekend. Cooking yesterday was a delight. I could take something out of a cabinet, and have a place to set it down. I didn’t have to perform my typical balancing act. Cleaning up was easier. Everything was easier! I ran some errands, and, as is my habit, I put everything down in the kitchen when I returned. Then, I reminded myself of what we did, and carefully put things away where they belonged, and cleared the counters again. Thank you, Gari. I feel confident I can keep this up, right now.
- I have added to my next thrift store bag – I think I am getting the hang of ‘this will have a new home’ and ‘someone will love this’ decisions.
- I love my office!! You’re the best!
- Thank you for listening as I share stories before we pack some things up. It makes it easier, especially as we continue to talk about why this is hard to do myself.
- Sometimes when I look around I don’t recognize my space or feel that I am in someone else’s office but I LIKE it and I want to keep going. I really appreciate talking about it when we are together. This all adds clarity to my work.
DeClutter2DLight Handbook + Workbook Reviews
- What I love about this book is that it is full of practical strategies, methods, and tips, and at the same time helps me to understand why decluttering can be so difficult to accomplish. So rather than continuing to judge myself about it, it inspires me to get moving and do it! Highly recommended for those of us who have a hard time letting go of stuff we don’t actually need for a multitude of reasons.
- Gari has great tips for getting started with the process of decluttering! Her ideas are smart and easy and helped me feel less overwhelmed when I started to address clutter at work and at home. Very helpful!
- This book was a HUGE help getting my pack rat husband off the dime. In her gentle way, the author helps the reader move from inertia to the joy of decluttering. What a great gift for anyone who has trouble with clutter or is married to someone who does.
- The book was very helpful! Used it as guide to help me declutter before a new move! Like the simplicity and practicality of it!!!
- Thank you for your presentation. We were honored to have you speak to us as you certainly have a command of the subject matter. Your knowledge as well as the delivery received an excellent reviews. I found your talk very inspirational as well as motivating.
- I really took your talk last year to heart, and have done some decluttering of my bureau( gave away ugly sweaters) and closets…It is an ongoing process, as you say. You were and continue to be an inspiration to me, and to the many people in last night’s audience.
- It was great to meet you! You held a lovely workshop. Meaningful on a personal and community level!
- I went to your workshop at the Bala Cynwyd Library. It was a great way for me to start to deClutter! Thanks for an inspiring talk.
- On behalf of the library board, I’d like to thank you for your excellent talk last night. We really got a great turnout. It just shows you how many of us have this same issue. I went away determined to finish decluttering my bedroom and study.